Other Ways to Give

Other ways to give

IRA Charitable Rollover — A permanent giving option:
Many donors feel that the direct transfer of funds from an IRA is a great way to make their compassion for children in poverty a part of their legacy, and now it’s a permanent option. Here’s how it works:

  • You must be 70 ½ or older.
  • An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
  • Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Children International.
    Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Children International, so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
  • The transfer of funds counts toward your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.

If you’re interested in this popular way to support Children International, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.

Gifts from a Donor Advised Fund: You can help children in poverty now with a gift from your donor advised fund (DAF) using the module below. Simply select your fund provider from the drop down at right and the system will prompt you through the process.

You can help children in poverty now with a gift from your donor advised fund (DAF). Click here to learn more.

Gifts of stock: Stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value are among the best ways to provide a gift to help break the cycle of poverty. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.

Gifts of real estate: You may decide that the greatest gift you can make is to leave your home or other property to Children International. This kind of gift is ideal for someone who intends to continue living in their home or property through their lifetime, but still would like to make a charitable gift.

You can leave this generous gift by signing an agreement with Children International about maintaining the property so you can use it throughout your lifetime. You may even receive a tax deduction for your gift.

Cash: This type of gift is simple and eligible for an immediate charitable tax credit.

To mail a gift, please send a check or money order to:
Children International
2000 E. Red Bridge Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64131-3699

To make a gift online, please visit our Donate Page.
For more information, please contact legacy@children.org, or if you have questions, please contact Robert King, J.D. at 816.943.3837.